Thursday, December 14, 2017

Adaptation

Years ago I found a recipe for blueberry muffins that used pecan meal as a flour replacer in some gluten free muffins. They were so soft and moist and used a lot less sugar which was a bonus for my partly diabetic audience. Knowing that it is indeed possible I went searching yesterday for a similar recipe including pumpkin.  Nothing like what I wanted! So I searched up some paleo banana nut muffins and did the Magical substitutions.
2 cups smashed pecans and walnuts (try to make sure some looks like ground nut meal)
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp Baking soda
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup almond milk
1 cup pumpkin
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 tblspn molasses

Mix dry ingredients, mix wet ingredients, combine. Bake for 25 minutes on 350. It's a muffin, you know the drill. Stuff your face!

No comments: